Tuesday 7 May 2013

So near but yet so far (but hopefully not for long!)

Well, I'm just back from weigh-in and I'm 0.5lb down.  I'm so close to my second stone, just 0.5lb more to go!  It's funny, the exact same thing happened before I lost my first stone, I was 0.5lb away for 2 weeks and then I made a breakthrough.  I'm a little bit disappointed as I was really hoping to get there this week.  But I'm not going to let it get me down because I've come so far since I began in January.

Now I'm not going to lie, I'm having my post weigh-in treat as I type this - a bag of King Crisps and a packet of chocolate buttons.  Tut tut.  Many people will say you shouldn't reward yourself with food but I think that's one thing that has really helped me keep focused.  Every week after weighing in and after my meeting I walk to the supermarket and get myself something 'naughty'.  I don't believe in depriving myself as I said before.  For me this is a lifestyle change, not a diet.  A treat now and then won't hurt! 

And so a new week begins tomorrow and I've decided I am going to try my absolute best to have that last 0.5lb off next week!  I usually I write down what I eat at the end of each day but I'm giving the track as you go approach a go this week.  I'm also going to give the 1,000 jumping jacks a go along with my walking and Zumba.  Seriously ladies (and lads) give it a go if you can!  It's so much fun and it's a great work out!

I suppose what I'm really trying to get across in this entry is:  If your week isn't reflected on the scales, don't be disheartened and don't let it get you down.  After weigh-in wipe the slate clean and start afresh the next day.  Don't focus on what went wrong, focus on what you can do to get yourself back on track, or in my case I'm focusing on what I can do to get to my next goal.  Fingers crossed for a good week, eh?  Best of luck to everyone for the week!

Over and out!

J x


No comments:

Post a Comment