Tuesday 14 May 2013

I'm halfway home!!!

Drumroll please... All my hard work (and crossing fingers) has paid off.  Tonight I'm proud to announce that I am 2st 1lb lighter than I was when I joined on 8 January!  Woooooo!

I'm also halfway to goal now and I can finally say that I'm 10st something for the first time in at least ten years.  I can't believe that.  I know it's 10st 13 but it's still "tens".  I lost 1.5lbs this week, I was hoping for the half pound just to hit the 2 stone target so I was delighted when I lost another 1lb along with it!

For the last few days I've been nervous and doubting myself about how well I actually did.  I knew I tracked religiously and I got loads of exercise but I was still nervous.  I'm not really sure why.  Maybe because I was so close to the second stone.


I feel fantastic since I've lost all that weight.  I've got more energy, I feel more positive.  I've got a lot more confidence in myself in generally, not just about my appearance.  I'm finally at the point where I'm not completely repulsed when I look in the mirror.  Now it's "Okay I have more weight to go but you look ten times better than you did 4 months ago."  I have a lot more interest in myself.  Sometimes I do get emotional when I think of how far I've come and that's what I try to think about when the thought of how much further I have to go comes into my head.

Now to get to my next target.  This week we were given our Summer Challenge.  My goal is to lose my next 7lbs in the 8 weeks.  I think it's doable.  I've become a bit more realistic with my goal setting as the weeks have gone on.  I'm hoping to be down to 10st 6lbs on my 9 July weigh in.

So I suppose that's all I've got to say in this entry.  Not sure when the next one will be, I'm a busy bee this week.  I've got my course, Zumba tomorrow night and I'm also starting swimming lessons on Friday evening, excited!

Until next time guys, thanks so much for reading and I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

- J xx



2 comments: