Tuesday 21 May 2013

M is for motivation: What keeps YOU going?

Hey everybody!  Hope you're all well.  

Well, I had my weigh-in this evening and I was 0.5lb down.  I am absolutely delighted with that because I had myself convinced that I'd be up!  I was at my (second) cousin's communion on Saturday afternoon and I fell off the wagon a little bit.  The good thing was some of the food served were actually WW recipes and they used low fat ingredients in most things.  My (first) cousin has lost a lot of weight with WW herself. suppose I did get in a fair bit of exercise so it was worth it.  

This weekend might be a different story because I won't be home.  I'm away in Mullingar for the Irish Veterinary Nursing Association annual congress.  I'm travelling up on Friday and I won't be home until Sunday.  It's difficult to plan food but I'm going to do my best to pick low PP options and get in as much exercise as I can.  I'll let you all know how that pans out.  I'm a little bit nervous to be perfectly honest.  This will be the first time since I started back in January that I won't be home and be able to plan my meals properly.

So..  Back to the issue at hand - motivation.  What keeps you going?  I've been thinking about this all week since I saw a post by one of the lovely ladies on the WW Ireland Facebook page.  Everybody is different.  I've seen lots of different answers to the question of what keeps people motivated.
  • Keeping their 'fat picture' on the press/fridge/in their car/in their purse.
  • Throwing out clothes when they become too big.
  • Thinking of it as a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • Setting small and achievable goals.
  • Not letting set backs or bad days get them down.
Those are just a fraction of what I've heard from different people at different times.  Personally I would have to say that the main thing keeping me motivated is focusing on the fact that I won't have to feel I have to cover up this summer.  It sounds simple but it seems to be working.  For as long as I can remember I've been covering up in jeans and t-shirts for the summer months.  This summer I want to wear nice clothes, nice tops, skirts, maybe dresses.  I feel so much better about my body now.  I've also gotten rid of a LOT of clothes.  I got rid of at least 8 pairs of jeans and tops recently.  It's a great feeling.  Another thing I like - the WW journal.  I never leave the house without it!

That's about it from me.  Send me a comment and tell me what keeps you going!  I'm always interested in other people's ideas and opinions so don't be afraid.

Later dudes and dudettes!  Have a fantastic week!  

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment