Sunday 12 May 2013

Omelette anyone?

I was just about to post this entry when I learned Donal Walsh, the young man suffering from cancer who was on The Saturday Night Show just a few short weeks ago, has sadly passed away.  I'd like to take this opportunity offer my deepest condolences to his family and friends.  It's awful that such a lovely young man has been taken.  It really makes you think.  We really should be grateful for all we have.

It's times like this I always think of something my late Grandad used to say:  The light of Heaven to him.  RIP Donal, it's clear you touched the lives of so many in your short life.  xx

**************************************************************************************

Hey everyone!  I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

So... I think a lot of people would agree that they can be tough for us weight watchers!  Strangely though, I think I had a fairly good weekend.  I tracked everything I ate and between yesterday and today I have walked just under 20km in total!

I won't lie, I will be very disappointed if I don't have a loss this week at weigh-in.  I'm so close to having my second stone gone and I feel like I've worked so hard this week.  But we all know that sometimes the hard work, for whatever reason, isn't reflected on the scale at WI so I'll just cross my fingers (and toes) and hope for the best!

So I've decided to reveal to you all what exactly I have eaten this weekend.  I won't be offended if you skip over this bit, just have a look at my wonderful recipe!  

Saturday:
Breakfast - 2 slices of toast with flora and marmalade = total 6PP
Dinner - Breaded fish (7PP), 150g mashed potato (3PP), cauliflower (0PP) and instant gravy (1PP) = total 11PP
Supper - 4 Aldi Crispbread (2PP), slice of ham (1PP), hard boiled egg (3PP), coleslaw (2PP), lettuce etc (0PP), 50g baby beetroot from Aldi (1PP) = total 9PP
Snacks = baby beetroot (I couldn't resist! - 1PP), 2 apples and lots of water!
I ate all my ProPoints which is usually difficult for me so that's progress.

Sunday:
Breakfast - 2 slices of toast with flora and marmalade = total 6PP
Dinner - Bacon (6PP), 150g mashed potato (3PP), cabbage and carrots (0PP) and instant gravy (1PP) = total 10PP
Snacks - some strawberries and a Harvest Morn chocolate and orange bar (2PP)

And that brings me to the actual reason I'm doing this entry!  I made a yummy omelette for my tea and I really wanted to share the recipe with you all!  I got inspiration for it from this recipe on the Weight Watchers website (4PP) and added my own little twist for one extra point.  I was a little nervous cooking it but I've now decided that I'm going to try out some new recipes in the hope that they'll all be as delicious as this one!  I actually made two, one for myself and my brother.  I knew the first one wouldn't be as good so I gave that one to him, of course.  Okay so, here we go...


Ingredients:

  • Low fat cooking spray
  • Half a small onion (I chopped it up really small)
  • Half a green chilli - deseeded and diced (says red or green in the recipe in the link)
  • Slice of cooked ham (This is the extra PP!)
  • 2 or 3 mushrooms
  • 2 cherry tomatoes both cut into quarters (recipe aboves says one diced tomato)
  • Approx. a quarter of a yellow pepper
  • 2 eggs
  • Pinch of ground cumin
  • Salt and pepper

Instructions:
  1. Heat your frying pan and spray with the low fat cooking spray.
  2. While it's heating, chop up all your yummy veggies.  Then beat the eggs with a tablespoon of water and stir in the tomato, salt, pepper and the ground cumin.
  3. Fry all your veggies for about 4-5 minutes.  Add a splash of water to make sure the onion doesn't stick to the pan.
  4. Give your lovely egg mixture a quick stir and pour on top of the veg.
  5. Cook over a medium heat until golden underneath and just set on top. 
  6. Enjoy!!

I think I should have been a chef!

Voila!  Served with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, baby beetroot and some coleslaw!
Total PP value for the meal = 8.

So there you have it!  I'm actually very proud of myself, it was scrumptious!  This, along with winning my first football bet, has sadly been the highlight of my weekend!  I'll post my next entry after WI on Tuesday evening, cross your fingers and toes that it will be  happy one!

Until then, ladies and gentlemen.  Thank you for reading!

- J xx




No comments:

Post a Comment