Thursday 6 June 2013

Ready, set, go!

Well, it's that time of the week again girls and boys! Hope you're all well.

I had a great week despite not tracking as well as I would have liked. I was stunned when I got on the scales at WI tonight - a loss of a whopping 4.5lbs!

On top of losing the 4.5lbs, I did something this week that I honestly never thought I would do. On Monday I completed the Flora Women's Mini Marathon in a pretty decent time of 1 hour 40 minutes 18 seconds. Beforehand I had set myself a goal of 1 hour 45 minutes so I was absolutely ecstatic when I read my finishing time in the Herald this morning! I raised almost 100 euro for Laois SPCA as well, such a brilliant cause!

Aside from the charity aspect, it's an absolutely fantastic day out. What an atmosphere! I have never seen so many people in the same place! Everyone was encouraging each other and there were loads of people on the street cheering and willing us all on, it was brilliant! We had a scorcher of a day too, I am very glad I used sunscreen! Crossing that finish line was the best feeling I've had in a long time, I'm actually really proud of myself. If anyone out there is thinking of doing it next year I say do it! I have something to aim for now, next year I'm hoping to jog it and beat this year's time.



We're halfway there!
Just 1km to go!
The finish line!!!
*** I did it!!! ***
Which brings me onto my next goal - my fifth silver seven. I'm just half a pound away. What is it with me and half pounds?! So my aim is to have that gone by next week's WI.



Have a great week!

J xx


No comments:

Post a Comment