Friday 20 March 2015

I've come crawling back...

Hey there, readers!

Long time no see, eh?  What's been up with all of you?  :)

Well, I fell off the wagon so to speak for practically a year, the whole time I was working really.  But now I'm back with a bang!  Thankfully I didn't actually gain a lot of weight but as of last week I'm about ten pounds off my lowest weight and I'm 20.5lbs away from goal.

Unfortunately I finished up my job last month (it was maternity leave cover) and I decided to rejoin WW the week after.  I thought it might actually give me a focus and stop me from going loopy, along with more frequent updates here, of course.  Last time I was unemployed, that's when I lost most of my weight, so I'm hoping for more of the same this time.  I'm hoping this year I'll finally, finally reach my goal!

Anyways... Here's how I have done so far:

Week 1 (starting week) - 10st 2lbs
Week 2 - 10st 1.5lbs (- 0.5lb)
Week 3 - 10st 1.5lbs (STS)
Week 4 - 10st (- 1.5lbs)
Week 5 - 9st 13.5lbs (- 0.5lb)

So, that's a loss of 2.5lbs in 4 weeks.  Slow and steady wins the race!  :)

I have some little incentives driving me to keep going, plus my friend has started coming walking with me so we're encouraging each other as she's going to Slimming World.  It's a lot easier to walk when you've got someone to chat to!

Here's what's keeping me going:


  • I have a top that I bought a few weeks ago in Dunnes Stores that does fit, but it's not quite right.  Losing another 3 or 4 pounds would make it sit just right.
  • I'm treating myself to a yummy Chinese takeaway the second I get to 9st 7lbs
  • My 50lb cert is sitting in my wardrobe taunting me, saying "Jane, you don't deserve me!" and it's really bugging me!  I'm back to 42.5lbs lost.  7.5lbs more and I'll make it shut up!
  • I've also been saying for years that if I ever got to goal that I'd get my belly button pierced AND get another tattoo dedicated to my weight loss journey.
Fingers and toes crossed that I'm on my way to all of the above!

Onwards and downwards!

J xx

5 comments:

  1. Well done. I'm referring to your honesty.

    I was 4lbs from my goal until physical injury stopped my exercising I forgot how pain can affect you mentally as well until too late & I regained the weight plus more. A story heard so many times.

    Now, you would think that my motivation to get my act together would be the news, in Jan, of an impending stroke, yes, 'Stroke' if I didn't lose weight, the GP wanted to put me on more drugs, I begged for time to lose the weight myself, persuading a not very happy GP to give me 6 mths..... I have 2 mths left.... I managed to GAIN weight..... I am aware of what needs to be done but for some bazaar reason I can't seem to get my head into it.

    Aaaaanyway =D, I like your honesty in this blog. =D

    I won't wish you luck because it's not luck when you reach your goal. I KNOW you will do exactly as you said. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mags. Firstly, thanks so much for your comment about the blog, I really appreciate it!

      Instead of thinking negatively and saying that you only have two months left, you should put a positive spin on it. You have two months to get your life back. Two months is a decent amount of time and if you really put your mind to it, you can do it!

      You should give Simple Start a try for a week and do 20 - 30 minutes of exercise every day. It doesn't have to be high impact, I actually lost most of my weight and all I was doing was walking. You could even start off slowly with a ten minute walk and gradually increase it day by day.

      I know it's hard, but you can do it! If I can do it, anyone can. I never thought I'd be sitting here with 3 stone lost giving other people advice but here I am. You can do anything if you set your mind to it!

      I wish you the very best of luck, Mags! :)

      And don't be afraid to stop by again.

      Delete
    2. Lol, your enthusiasm is showing =D

      Thanks. You are right of course, I will look at it as 8 weeks to get moving ;)

      I was cringing after I posted, NOT the complimenting!, but the whinge =D, I had a low, pissed off with myself moment =D

      The problem is with my feet so walking is out BUT I have pumped up the tires on my bike, after, I dug it out from the shed :/ & plan to go cycling tomorrow.
      Thanks for the push Jane =D mind you. ... I may be cursing you tomorrow after the cycle & I'm walking around like John Wayne. LOL

      Delete
    3. Lol, your enthusiasm is showing =D

      Thanks. You are right of course, I will look at it as 8 weeks to get moving ;)

      I was cringing after I posted, NOT the complimenting!, but the whinge =D, I had a low, pissed off with myself moment =D

      The problem is with my feet so walking is out BUT I have pumped up the tires on my bike, after, I dug it out from the shed :/ & plan to go cycling tomorrow.
      Thanks for the push Jane =D mind you. ... I may be cursing you tomorrow after the cycle & I'm walking around like John Wayne. LOL

      Delete
    4. Exactly, it's 8 week to get going!

      Oh trust me, we all need a whinge every now and then, half of my posts on the Facebook pages are whinge posts!

      Best of luck! :D x

      Delete